Monday, September 12, 2011

Music Monday-Gold Motel

Lollapalooza 6.7.11

As ready as I am for fall and all of its hoodie-wearing opportunities, I will never turn down the sunshine summer feel that a Gold Motel show provides.  This Chicago local band is by far one of my favorites, and I've been to going their shows since they got their start in December of '09. They played a set at Middlewest Fest for the second year this past Saturday, so I took the opportunity to hike out to DeKalb, pick up my brother who goes to NIU, and head to see my favorite locals play.  (with the added bonus of getting to finally check out a Company of Thieves set, and a Tokyo Police Club set!)  Gold Motel's brand of pop is intelligent and so very catchy...best listened to with wayfarers on and the open road in front of you.  (But also effective as an injection of summer for those cold February days!) 

Check out their latest single here.


No comments:

Post a Comment