Friday, September 2, 2011

Flashback Friday-Nickelodeon!


I think I speak for most 20-somethings when I say that the most exciting news of this summer was the return of 90's TV shows on Nickelodeon.  I think it's safe to say I watched virtually every show that Nickelodeon offered me in that decade, but my favorites by far were Clarissa Explains It All, All That, and Rugrats.  I remember spending one Thanksgiving, probably in 1991, sneakily trying to watch Nick in between bites of turkey.  Why, you ask?  Because there was a Rugrats marathon going on, and my brother and I had entered a contest where you send in a drawing of your favorite character.  All throughout the day they were showing the winning drawings, and we were convinced our drawings would be shown.  Unfortunately, my drawing of Phil and Lil and his drawing of Tommy never gained TV fame, but it was a fun day of sneaking away at every chance possible to turn on the TV and hope for my art to be shown.

Thanks to this joyous return of 90's TV, I've been able to fill up my DV-R with lots of childhood awesomeness.  The other night I watched an episode of All That, and all of my favorite sketches came flooding back--including Super Dude.  His lactose intolerance and epic battle with the Milk Man always made me feel a little less lame about my own lactose intolerance and allergy to milk.  Kenan's Pierre Escargot sketch always made me giggle too, and probably was a contributing factor in me eventually choosing to learn and fall in love with the French language.  Who knew All That could be so inspiring?

Any other 90's Nick fans out there?  What was your favorite show?

No comments:

Post a Comment