Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DIY Glitter and Paint Chip Notecards

Last weekend, thanks to the enabling of my mother and some pretty sweet Michael's coupons, I ended up buying a whole lot of glitter:


That darn Martha Stewart.  Her craft supplies are so annoyingly irresistible.

I also accidentally picked up a bunch of paint chip samples from the hardware store, even though I have no intentions of painting any rooms any time soon.  (I'm sorry, Ace Hardware. My bad.  I saw the colors and went a little crazy.)



I was itching to use the new glitter in some way, so I decided to make a notecard to send to a friend.  One of my goals for this year is to send more letters to friends--because who doesn't like getting unexpected mail?


Using ALL OF THE GLITTER
I decided to make the theme of the notecard "Happy Spring!" because I am indeed incredibly happy that spring has made its appearance.



A little paint chip grass and paint chip flower, et voila!  Instant spring notecard.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go glitter everything I can get my hands on.


1 comment:

  1. Um, this idea is beyond fantastic. Even if you *don't* accidentally pick up paint chip cards, and you just have them because you actually want to paint something, it's a great way to recycle them. Thumbs up, dude!

    ReplyDelete