Friday, February 24, 2012

Angry Birds Cake




It was a no-brainer when choosing the theme for my mom's birthday cake last month.  Ever since we got her an ipad awhile ago, she has been obsessed with Angry Birds.  Obsessed.  I first thought about making a round cake and adding angry birds characters on top, but somewhere along the line decided on a cake rendition of an angry birds level, complete with slingshot. GO BIG OR GO HOME.


It actually ended up taking less time than my brother's Mario cake a few months ago.  I think that's partly because I might be getting better at fondant?  But a large factor was probably also that I decided to just frost the cakes, and not cover them in fondant.  (A time saver to note for the future!)  




I had the help of my younger brother (in between arguing over how to make tower structures, we work quite well together!) and we had to wait until my mom went to bed to prevent her from finding out our plans. But it was quite worth it.  She was surprised and we pulled off a pretty cool cake!  I don't think I'm ever going to become comfortable with the cake cutting process though.  







No comments:

Post a Comment